Monday, 13 October 2014

College Magazine: Audience feedback and Evaluation

What went well?

I think the front cover turned out really well. It included all the elements of a magazine cover such as the masthead, the cover lines, the barcode and main image of course. The main image was perfect as it was a portrait picture and the main focus was in the middle. This made it easy to surround it with the cover lines. The colours of the titles and the fonts all match and fit really well with the image. The contents page overall went really well too, with the use of the colours and the layout is much more organized as plan. One pupil from my class said that the aesthetics are very pleasing to the eye. I kept the colour pattern constant as well as with the front cover.

What do I need to improve on?

With the front cover I think I could have done more with the image such as cropped out the main focus and put it in front of the masthead to add in more focus. And I could have made the image a little bit clearer as it is a bit blurry. With the contents page, one pupil said I could have made the page number smaller which is understandable.

Key points for development:

-Plan out the layout beforehand so it will save time when actually making the magazine.

-Plan out what I am going to write before I make the magazine

-

No comments:

Post a Comment